Solved: Bios is detecting my HD, Windows does not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

egg64

I got a dilemma here,

Trying to do a clean download of Windows 2000, I just bought a new HD for it. For some odd reason, the bios screen can detect it if I go into setup, but when I try the install from Windows.....it gives me the dreaded "Blue Screen" and says that Windows cannot find a drive with sufficient drive space.....I just got an 80GB HD....what gives?

try booting from a windows startup disk and format the drive, then attempt the windows install again

egg64

Man, common sense should have told me that after you make your partition, you have to format it for use.....but thanks for the heads-up anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online