1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BIOS Password and Boot Options

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlMujtahid, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlMujtahid

AlMujtahid Thread Starter

Hello,

I have two questions here for two different PCs.

1. Is there a way to bypass/change/remeove a BIOS password on a computer without knoowing the current one? We have an older computer that has a BIOS otected password. I need to get into the BIOS and make changes, but I can't becasue it asks for a password.

2. We have another older machine that was setup in a way I am not familiar. When I power it on, I get 3 options
    - WindowsXP Professional
    - Boot Mirror C: - secondary plex
    - Boot Mirror C: - secondary plex

What are those 2 other options and can I remove them and set the computer up so it just automatically boots to the OS. I reformattd the hard drive and it didn't change anything,

Thank you in advance for all your help.

2. Sponsor

3. DarkSolstace

DarkSolstace

Mod edit: Content removed as in violation of forum rules.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

DarkSolstace; again please refer to the forum rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

And toe the original poster as well; we do not assist in password bypassing or removal, please refer to the rules above as to why.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

As per question #2:

Sounds like it has(or had) backup(mirror) copies of the C drive. If you are formatting the drive make sure to not just format the drive(s) but to delete the partitions on all the hard drives in the system to remove not only the entries for the startup for the backup or mirrors of the C drive.

6. AlMujtahid

Triple 6,

Sorry about that. I did not realize that was one of the rules, but it makes sense.

As for the second issue, the odd things is ther is only one hard drive in the PC. I will go back and see if I deleted the partitions.

7. AlMujtahid

Triple 6. Thank you. That did the trick. When I went back to format again, there were no other drives, but I deleted the main partition and the formatted and it did the trick.

Thanks again.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

No problem, glad to be of help.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/767456