1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] bios screen at start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chewie1012, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chewie1012

chewie1012 Thread Starter

I have put together a computer with an asus a7v motherboard and a amd 650 processor. The computer starts up and goes to the bios screen and says this. The System Intruded, Chasis Opened or tempered before, please check the system. Why would this be happening?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Q: I have a problem with my P4B266 mainboard. An error message -"system intruded, chassis opened or tempered before. Please check the system" is displayed during system POST. What's wrong with my system? And how do I solve the issue?

A: Please make sure if the jumper cap on chassis header is removed or loosing. If removed, please put back the jumper cap. If it's later, please replace a jumper cap with a tight one from the bag of extra jumper cap.

Cut and paste from here:

http://www.asus.com.tw/inside/Techref/qa-mb0622.htm

3. chewie1012

Can you tell me what the chasis header is?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    This should be similiar to a jumper - two pins that are on the mainboard. You need to close(put a on jumper) the the pins. Look in your motherboard book for the location of the headers. You may also have to enter the bios to clear the message.

5. chewie1012

Thank you. I put a new jumper on it. I just wondered what a chasis jumper is for.

6. chewie1012

The new jumper fixed this and you can mark this one solved. Thanks again! What a great forum this.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice