1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BIOS Update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JND1962, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JND1962

JND1962 Thread Starter

Hi guy... I'd like to ask you for Asus M51Vr BIOS updating. I was downloaded AFUDOS manual http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/flashutl/afuusb.pdf, but I'm not sure for using AFUDOS for Asus M51Vr. Though it seems to me it's better update BIOS in DOS mode. And one more thing: BIOS's file extension is not .rom, it's M51VaAs.211. http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=M51Vr&p=3&s=119 It would be nice you explain me about this and maybe show me where I'd can take utility for my laptop BIOS update. Thanks!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Why are you wanting to update the BIOS? There's no need to update the BIOS unless the update is to correct a crucial problem with your laptop. If the BIOS update isn't necessary and it fails, you'll be left with an expensive heavy doorstop.

-------------------------------------------------------

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Most manufacturer's now have Windows based BIOS updates and some only provide a Windows based flash program. DOS based flashing is fading out fast.

But as mentioned, why the need to upgrade the BIOS?

4. JND1962

JND1962 Thread Starter

Thanks for fast reply! My laptop don't want to see my new device, which I'd like to connect. I bought USB-Hard disk WDC 1TB. Windows 7 Home Premium can't see it. My friends said about BIOS update. I'd like to know what do you think about it. Thanks!

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. JND1962

JND1962 Thread Starter

Good morning! My new WDC HDD-Drive is working. It was verified on two my friends computers: HP Pavilion DV7 and Asus K40IN. And Disk Management Systems of HP (Vista) and Asus (Windows 7) was seen my USB-Hard. Please explain me if it's not required BIOS Update, what can I do for fix my problem. Maybe my computer's USB-port is not properly working. But maybe it's reason for BIOS Udate. Thanks for replies!

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Have you tried connecting some other device(such as a mouse) to each USB port to determine if the device is recognized and each USB port is working?

---------------------------------------------------------

8. JND1962

JND1962 Thread Starter

Yes, I did. There are three USB-ports in my laptop. My USB-mouse is working everywhere.

9. JND1962

JND1962 Thread Starter

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  11. JND1962

JND1962 Thread Starter

Thank You very much! I did it! And more... My WDC USB-Drive is visible and working on my Asus M51V! Once more thanks!!!

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well glad it worked (y)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice