1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Black screen when computer turns on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fattage, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fattage

Fattage Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jared
    I've checked to see that the hard drive is spinning and it is. the hdd access light flashes.i have not checked the ram yes since it's a laptop and difficult to get to. but i'm pretty sure that's not the issue. since from what i've listened to it sounds like it goes through post then sits the fro about thirty seconds probly asking if i want to start windows in safe mode normal. when i just sit there after about that much time has past the cpu fans start going again a little faster and i can here that it's accessing the hard drive but since i can' see anything it's hard to tell if that's true. i'm thinking that it's a bad graphics card but i'm not sure.

2. Fattage

Fattage Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jared
    ok so the problem is that sometimes you can see the picture and sometimes you can't see it. i don't know what causes that but that's what happens. i got it working again. but after it went to sleep the screen never came back on. would that mean that there is something wrong with one of the windows files? i know one of them is the one used to bring the computer back from sleep mode. it's running windows vista. maybe this isn't a hardware issue?

3. computerpro1

computerpro1

1) video problems can be caused by:

1) memory not being read properly

2) mother board problems

3) In dell, apple, hp or gateway ribbon lcd cables

4) bad dell, apple, hp or gateway lcd

A)First replug the memory!!!! b) replug the ribbon cables c) testing of lcd d) testing and repair motherboard

You can do A: replug memory or replace memory and b: replug the lcd ribbon cables

You should be able to do A and B, if that does not solve your problem then you would
    need to take it to a dell, apple or gateway repair shope. If the above suggestions
    do not solve your problem.

I would recommend: ADVANCED COMPUTER REPAIR, 342 W 71 ST,
    NY NY 10023, 212 7240168.

THEY REPAIR DELL, APPLE, GATEWAYS, HP, TOSHIBA
    THEY CAN REPLACE LCDS SCREENS, MEMORY AND MOTHER BOARS INCLUDING REPLACING THE VIDEO
    CHIP ON THE MOTHER BOARD

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1006171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice