1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Black Screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by darnold, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darnold

darnold Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP... Left my computer on during the night, came back to it this morning.. Got a BLACK SCREEN.. I moved the mouse and nothing... I check the cords, unplugged it and connected them again and rebooted and still BLACK SCREEN... Any suggestions??

I plugged it into the computer and plugged it into the wall.. I dont get any lights on the monitor, should I atleast get an orange light on the monitor saying that it has power to it??

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

Hi darnold

When you boot the computer does it appear to start - can you hear beeps - fans - lights on tower etc, if so, and no light on the monitor, start by checking the fuse in the wall plug ( monitor) or swap the monitor with another if you have one (or borrow one)

steam

3. darnold

darnold Thread Starter

Im at work right now so I cant check it out...

Lets do it with both scenarios:

1.) Yes it does boot up... So I should check it out with another monitor?

2.) No it doesnt boot up... So you think the outlet is bad? If that isnt bad, then what could it be?

It was working fine lastnight before I went to bed... This morning, it was black...

4. steamwiz

steamwiz

Hi darnold

1. Yes - check out the monitor

2. If it doesn't boot up - check you have power at the wall socket - then the fuse in the plug leading to the computer - next in line would be the power supply unit in the tower - also make sure the on\off button appears to be working ok

steam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!