1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: black screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jpchief, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jpchief

jpchief Thread Starter

have samsung syncmaster 191t monitor, power on the yellow lite comes on then it turns green and blinks on off. the a & b green lite goes from a to b then goes off, but no screen, have new acer on computer it works fine. any one have any idea"s jpchief(y)

2. valis

valis Moderator

stg, that sort of assistance and attitude is not exactly what we're aiming for here. Trust me, I've had similar thoughts, but keep them inside the head, and don't let them reach the screen.

thanks,

v

3. jpchief

jpchief Thread Starter

V I dont understand any thing you wrote, I thought this was a site for help with computer problams, is it not? Please let me know, where i can go, for help. thanks jpchief in TEXAS

4. valis

valis Moderator

jpchief, that wasn't directed at you. super_tech_guy has been banned from this site previously; once they've been banned for any reason, it's generally not allowed for them to return. So he was banned again.

No worries, you are in the clear. Sorry for any confusion.

thanks,

v

5. valis

valis Moderator

FWIW, his response to you was 'move your mouse'. :rolleyes:

Have you tried a known good monitor to verify that the pc and video card are fine? If not, I would recommend that first.

6. jpchief

jpchief Thread Starter

Valis
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I Thought i was in the right place. but this is my first post, so i diden't know for sure. Yes I put a new acer al1916 every things works fine. Any thing else i can try? Also Thanks for your help Jpchief TEXAS

7. valis

valis Moderator

if you've tried a known good monitor, the next thing to check is the cables. Does the vga cable plug into the bad monitor, or is it a piece of it? If it's able to be removed, try it with the cable from the known good monitor; if it still doesn't work, chances are that the monitor has gone to the great database in the sky, I'm afraid.

thanks,

v

8. jpchief

jpchief Thread Starter

Valis.
    the cables are detachable, ive switched cords still no screen.
    well guess ill try something else. I do thank you so very much for your time & effort. Thanks again. JPCHIEF IN TEXAS.

9. valis

valis Moderator

yeah, I think tha t that monitor may be toast. We know:

the video card in the pc is good.
    the cable is good, as it gets signal to a known good monitor.

After that, all you can do is start pushing buttons on the front and see if you can configure it differently; make sure it's set to vga, etc.

did you do anything to change the refresh rate or anything like that, or did this just come out of the blue?

also, how old is the monitor?

10. jpchief

jpchief Thread Starter

V
    It started getting slower coming on, like it had to warm up or something,
    also, now the green lite goes to yellow and back to green Like it is trying to reboot. V Thanks for all your time with this.Jpchief of TEXAS

11. valis

valis Moderator

yup, that's a dead monitor, chief......you can take it to a computer store (avoid best buy and circuit city like the plague, hit a small mom and pop shop, they will actually give you an answer instead of saying it's dead and trying to sell you a 60" flat panel plasma tv to replace it), but I think it's toast.

is it a CRT or an LCD?

12. jpchief

jpchief Thread Starter

it is lcd, Thank again V hope to talk to you again, I did appreciate the time you got back to me in. Thanks again will keep u informed if i take it to a repair shop. Thanks JPchief In TEXAS

13. valis

valis Moderator

no problems, jp.....sorry it didn't work out......if you are satisfied, you can mark this solved in the upper left hand corner......

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice