1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Blacklisted email work around

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lschul, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

OK, here we go. I used to have comcast internet and I loved it. I work for my company in the field so it is recommended that I give them my email address, whatever it is and they link it to the system. That way my email address will always be [email protected] (this provides consistency for business cards and letterhead, etc). So when anyone emails to [email protected] it goes to the home office and then out to me. A while back, comcast blacklisted the headquarters domain because our crummy servers were letting in too much spam and comcast considered us a spammer. I had to change or not get work down. Now, see if I have thought this through...If I go back to comcast because their service was much better I establish an address with them. Then I go to google and get a gmail address...if I give that to the company will that solve my problem or make it worse? So if someone sends to [email protected] my company sends it to gmail and I get it in my Outlook box, is that going to work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!