Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krajicek

Hi,

i'm having to boot into windows xp. on power up sytem goes through the windows xp splash screen (with progress bar) and then instead of login prompt it goes just into the blue screen with moveable mouse pointer arrow.

issue seems to be similar to:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/868562-solved-windows-xp-pro-startup.html
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/868463-startup-problem.html
but recommended solutions didn't help so far.

symptoms just before issue - was not able to run use some system features - utility to turn off the display, utility to bring up battery info - everything was working fine before this

what i've tried:
boot to Last Known Good Configuration - resulting in the same blue screen

boot to Safe Mode / Safe Mode with networking / Safe Mode with comman prompt - resulting in blank (black) screen with "Safe Mode" in the corners and moveable mouse

test the hardware (hard drive / memory etc.) via build in PC Doctor - all seems to be working

i am able to use bootable XP CD from other machine to get into Recovery Console
i am able to boot to simple live XP using BartPE-XPE usb key and access the hard drive

could you please help me to find solution to this issue
thank you in advance
krajicek

Hi krajicek, u having a same problem as me.

Btw.. yours is laptop or desktop?
If laptop wat brand are u using..Mine are FUJITSU laptop and i still
can't get it work.
I boot from the WinXP CD and it still can't recovery as well and i try
safe mode aslo can't work too..

krajicek

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online