1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: blank screen at start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wertyq2, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wertyq2

wertyq2 Thread Starter

I have a HP Pavillion G5232UK i recentally bougnt a new case and a 450w p/s (replacing my 350w p/s) the fans start up all of the lights come on it, nothing happens when i hold the power button to turn it off. I have unplugged everything and reinserted it also tried using my old p/s, tried starting it up with my sticks of ram removed and I still have the same problem. could using the 450w p/s have been to much power therefore ovarloaded and damaging my video card or motherboard please help.

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Have a close look at the wiring on the plug that connects the power button to the motherboard, you may find it is different to the original. Does anything show on screen at start up or is it completely blank?

You could have a Gigawatt power supply on your PC, as long as the voltages are correct, it can do no harm.

3. wertyq2

wertyq2 Thread Starter

Its completely blank and i used the old power switch and had the same problem

4. wertyq2

wertyq2 Thread Starter

i feel really stupid the components on the motherboard were touching the steel case so i unscrewed it put a peice or rubber in screwed it up and it worked fine

5. Mark1956

Mark1956

An easy mistake to make, but you are very lucky it didn't fry the board. Glad to hear your problem is resolved.

6. catlady13

catlady13

Just out of curiosity did you use stand offs when you put the new motherboard into the case?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice