1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Blank Screen

Discussion in 'Games' started by 4plus2, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Hello,

Im trying to get some games reinstalled after reinstalling 98 but "Theme Park World" hangs on a blank screen right after the "Billfrog" splash screen.
    Also have another game which crashes on quicktime.qts illegal operation.
    I have a SiS630 display adapter with the latest drivers (I think) and DirectX 9c. The strange thing is that it works in windows 2000 which has the same version of Quicktime but direct X 9b.

Any ideas?

2. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

I get the same thing
    soemtimes the game launches and i can play but after awhile it just closes to desktop.

Have you ever got the game to launch (after the bullfrog)?

3. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

Are you playing on win98?
    and did the theme park world work on your win2000? I always thought the reason why it iddnt work on my computer was cause i thought it only worked on win98 but if it works on your 2000 Then thats not the problem...

4. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Ive got dual boot and the game works fine on Windows 2000.
    On Windows 98 it used to get further then locked up and the audio looped until I installed the Theme Park update now I get this blank screen right after the splash screen.
    I would like to fix this as its probably the same reason some our our Kids games dont work.

5. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

I've looked everywhere. I'll keep looking because I wanna play the game, its fun. Once you build the ride you can ride on it.

Weird. I have XP and it work work!

6. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

I think its my display adapter driver as FreshDiagnose run in windows 2000 reports a lot of extra features than what it reports from 98 eg. display modes and graphic functions.
    But I cant find a later version of the VGA drivers for the SiS630 E CUSI-M ASUS and the ASUS website has been down for a few days. Any one know where I could find it?
    Also Im not sure of the function of the Wave nor the Codec drivers.

7. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

I compared the results dxdiag.exe returned between windows 2000 and 98 as Theme Park works in 2000 and found that I had to turn the acceleration down to standard for Sound1 (default device) and now this game works in 98.
    Just have to fix the quicktime.qts error now on the other game.

8. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

Its the sound?

9. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Yep, theme park world does not like full acceleration on the sound device.
    And it seems the DK games Ive got dont work with any other version of Quicktime than the old one which comes on there CD. So Im having to use version 4.0 and the other game wants to install 2.12 but kind of works on version 4.0.
    Is Quicktime not backwards compatiable like DirectX is??

10. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Actually seems these DK games work uinsg Quicktime 5.0 which is because Quicktime 4.0 is far too old. Can download Version 5.0 from www.quicktime.com.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice