Solved: Blank screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PopPicker

I had to reboot my PC with the little button as it seized up. However although it goes through the normal booting proceedure and ask me log in, which I do as Administrator the screen goes black and stays black

Any ideas ?

At what point of booting the screen turns black?
Will it boot OK into Safe Mode?

PopPicker

The screen turns black at the moment one would expect the desk top to appear. I tried safe mode as well as last known good configuration and it's the same.

I'll try system restore from the F8 menu when I get back to the office.

To access System Restore, go Start, in "Start Search" type in:
rstrui.exe
and hit Enter.

PopPicker

LOL.... sorry... LOL

Reading my first post you'll see my screen is blank, no chance of seeing 'start' let alone typing something in. :D

However....... on the F8 menu there is an option to start with system restore, which I did and everything works fine now. Although I'd love to know what caused it.

PP

Don't worry about it, if System Restore fixed it.
Things like this, JUST happen.

I'd be interested to know what graphics card you are using? Seems there is an issue with some nVidia cards.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online