Solved: bleeding Audio problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NEMO7

Have Cambridge SoundWorks stereo speakers connected to the computer (desktop/WindowsXP/PentiumIV) and even though volume is turned down or off, there is music/sound/radio station? bleeding through from somewhere. It seems SoundWorks acts like an antenna and is picking up ambient radio waves. The only way I it stops is when I power off completely at night. Is there any way to block the noise/interference? Thanks.
NEMO7 :)

Are these sheilded speakers specifically designed for computer systems?

NEMO7

Thanks for replying. In response to your question: Yes, the speakers are specifically designed for computers.
NEMO7

NEMO7

Problem solved. After calling Cambridge Sound Works, the tech informed me that ambient sound waves are being picked up by the sound system on the computer. So what's new!? I knew that much. Solution: reorient the base unit. Actually, I tried various positions, and since the unit was next to radiant heat base board (metal) which was acting as a conductor, I interposed a barrier between the two and that worked fine.
NEMO7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!