1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bloatware

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by deadtecmouse, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deadtecmouse

deadtecmouse Thread Starter

Hello and thanks you in advance for taking a look into my problem. My aunt bought a brand new window 7 hp laptop (64bit) that has a lot of bloatware software applications on it. The thing is that I have a oem window 7 dvd. Could I "upgrade" the laptop to a pristine state? I think I can download the right drivers for the laptop hardware; via the hp websites. If you have an answer, please word it accordingly to a beginner computer user. Again, my thanks anyone that replies.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

You could install the Win 7 OEM so long as it has not been installed on another computer. Problem with an OEM copy is that it legally is married to the first motherboard it was installed on. That said, if you are willing to install it on this computer and only this computer, you would of course loose the ability to do a factory restore. Personally I use the Factory Installed OEM Version with the Drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, then I use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall all the bloatware that shipped with the computer. here is a link. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

3. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

I second Dustyjays advice

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

What's the model name and full model number of that HP laptop?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker is.

------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Control Panel - Programs And Features.

Submit the names here in a vertical list of the "bloatware" that you want to get rid of.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063121