1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Blocked Account (hotmail)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by megsnanny, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. megsnanny

megsnanny Thread Starter

Firstly I have been helped previously on here and explained that I am a beginner (still) on the technology of the computer. Firstly, above this message box is a recommended download: TSG SysInfo. - when I clicked to download I had a red security shield warning that it could be hackers and the trouble I am in with the hotmail at the moment I thought I had better 'speak'with you first.

The problem I am having is I tried to log into my email (hotmail) and I received a box that says my account has been blocked maybe due to hackers, they have sent me some sort of 'code' to enable me to unblock account. Unfortunately it was sent to [email protected] I cant remember my password for this account as I have not used it on this PC so therefore cannot retrieve code email

I am running on Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit
    425 triple-core processor
    3GB DDR2 memory
    Multi-in-one Digital Media Manager

I believe this information will help. Please again bear in mind that I am PC illiterate and slow too

Thanking you - Regards Joan Smith

2. megsnanny

megsnanny Thread Starter

I have posted that my problem is with Hotmail account - It is Windows Live account that is blocked Soz:eek:

3. Rockn

Rockn

Good luck! Unless you can answer the security questions to verify the account you may as well let it go.

4. megsnanny

megsnanny Thread Starter

Hi I will go back and down load should I post again?

5. Rockn

Rockn

Download what? Unless you know all of the account info and the security questions you may as well just create a new account. It is a free account so do not expect too much from Microsoft in the way of support.

6. megsnanny

megsnanny Thread Starter

Many thanks to all who posted on this thread. I recovered my old Hotmail account. I Opened a new hotmail account and contacted hotmail and changed my personal details! Thanx all

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!