1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Blocking Pharmacy emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by onevoice1255, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onevoice1255

onevoice1255 Thread Starter

I receive emails from one pharmacy source...if you block one address they come back with another...its endless...I have OE as my email acct. which is fed by Cox Communication's "Webmail" where they have a blocked domain folder, but is limited to a certain amount of domain addresses. If I block this particular pharmacy domain then it will say, sorry your blocked address folder is full. If you delete previous blocked domains then they come after you.

The tech staff at Microsoft has been getting their butt kicked ever since Gates ended his tech career. How about: a "Block all spy-ware" Icon.........and, block all unwanted emails - Option.
    ......and "do not allow any sites that contain anything but the info. the state open" Icon.
    ...and "block all viruses" Icon

too simple????

Any suggestions on the pharmacy emails.

Thanks.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Non that I can think of ... Other than changing your Email Address.

How many Addresses are you allowed ???
    Having more that one .. For different purposes can be helpful.

Depends on how the pharmacy got your email ..
    But I have some trashable addresses .. When I have to use an email address for questionable purposes.

Microsoft is now being run by a Money Manager .. not an Engineer

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's just spam. You can't block it by trying to chase the sender's address and domain. Apparently your ISP doesn't do such a good job of filtering. Since I switched to Gmail, I no longer get that junk in my Inbox. It goes right to the Spam folder.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

How is this Bill Gates fault? I am not seeing the connection between you getting spam and Bill Gates running Microsoft.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. valis

valis Moderator

if you have office, just use outlook instead of outlook express. There are quite a few more features in outlook and you can set up your own list.

6. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

7. valis

valis Moderator

dunno about the norm...........I've used outlook's built in filter for a few years now, as comcast, I'm not even sure, blocks the damn things at all.

8. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

I guess there are exceptions :D

9. hewee

hewee

I get that same thing and it's really bad from Gmail and they are so bad they have so many web sites and change it all the time that you can never block them out because it's endless with the way they spam.

I was doing a search and found this today and said there they are the worse spammer out there.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?p=17483105

If this is what your spam links takes you to your never be able to stop them.

Oh my my my look at all the spam and the mods are not deleting the spam and that is just one forum.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Darn 4 pages of threads just yesterday in one forum.

10. hewee

hewee

I have my comcast setting so all spam gets deleted so I never see any spam and 9 years now I have only gotten Comcast own spam they push out some years back they a lot post about as spam when comcast said it was service related but it was something you had to buy to get on some sport thing and really it was spam.

Otherwise no spam has gotten to my inbox.

11. valis

valis Moderator

you pegged that about comcast pushing their own out.......:rolleyes:

how you been hewee? Hope well. BTW, got a couple new pics up in my pics thread about our newest (and furriest) member of the fam. :)

12. Matts_Girl

Matts_Girl

I have the same junk--about 50 a day! But I use www.cactusspam.com with my pop mail server (works with all of them I believe) and it really does block about 99% of them, even though they always have a different email address in every spam sent. Some how Cacuts Spam knows they're spam! Oh, and Cactus Spam is FREE!!!

13. onevoice1255

You would think that Microsoft would be able to create a simple program to protect their products from a technique that seems to be a simplistic program someone came up with...just continually change domains and addresses...if they can pin-point exactly when, what, and where something came from in criminal investigations....I would think they could figure out a way to block spam from one source as well...nothing personal against Gates...just that he obviously has the intelligence, he's just not in the development anymore...

14. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

Has nothing to do with Bill Gates.
    Do you think Bill Gates develops the software of Microsoft?:rolleyes:

Complain to your ISP for not blocking spam properly. Or get an
    email provider that does.

Besides you are using an outdated program. Upgrade to Windows
    Live Mail, there is some spam/junk filtering available with that.

15. onevoice1255

Another Guy replied that what does Bill Gates have to do with blocking emails...of course he's not developing software...my point in jest was, how brilliant Gates was in creating Windows and the techology we all use, yet now the MS. developers either cannot create a simple spam blocking program, or they don't want to bother.

Should Bill Gates be in production he could probably develop one in a day....let's not take this too seriously...it was just a joke..

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/908122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice