Solved: Blue Screen Help!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daz101

Hi all..

my acer 5536 running Win 7 laptop has decided to start crashing with a blue screen.. happens several times a day.. i have made no changes to the system....

Details i get when the system restarts are as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000054
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 9545573A
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have the dump file it that is of any use to anyone, attached...if anyone can point out what is going on it would be greatly appreciated.....

Attachments

your crash-dump indicates that athr.sys (Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver) is the cause. Are you using wireless? Heres a link to the Acer Download Center look for your model and Update your drivers.

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 1/12/2011 10:12:24 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011211-28548-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: athr.sys (athr+0x4473A)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x54, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF9545573A)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: athr.sys .
Google query: athr.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

daz101

thanks for the reply. i thought it was the wireless as it has started to play up... i will update the driver and see how it goes.. cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online