Solved: Blue screen, no Internet connectivity and not able to print

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

annber

Good morning, I am not a computer savvy guy, although I am a hands on person so always try to solve things myself first by research and asking peers for help.
This is my problem: I have a gateway gz7108tv in which I run fs2004. It is not the best system for it but adequate. I have been having on and off problems for some time with my system where it freezes and I need to reboot, or do a system restore, but I always got it to work. Some problems that I can remember also, with IE, it would shut down due to unexpected problems and it would restart, this started happening the last two months.
Last night I ran malware bytes because my system was a bit sluggish, more than usual, this am I saw there was one item, removed it and restarted the computer.
I then attempted to go online thru IE, and got a blue screen, which had never happened to me before. I also have google chrome in my computer, but it could not connect to the Internet either, but no blue screen there though.
I then copied and pasted the error report to notepad and windows word, but when trying to print it, it could not find my printer either.
I also got the irql_not_less_or_equal message, and 0x0000000A, and honestly I don't know what to do.
I am not Trying to generate pity, but being a cancer patient whose insurance policy was cancelled, every dollar counts, so I would rather fix it myself with your help before going to a computer tech here in long beach.
Thanks for your help

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi and welcome.

First try - System file checker..
Start > in the search box Type
cmd
Run as administrator.
You might be asked for the administrator password.

Type the following.
sfc /scannow

Press Enter.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm
Check hard drive for errors
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Check-your-hard-disk-for-errors
Start up repair.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

For the Blue Screen we would need to see the minidump files if you can get online.
Look in c:\windows\minidump
ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

Right-click the minidump file, select Send To.
Then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.
Windows will compress the file and then save the new zipped file in the same location.

annber

Thank you so much for your help, I am about to start following your instructions and will post later. I cannot go online at all with that computer, could I transfer the file you are asking for to a USB?

annber

OK, first step, did the sfc /scannow part, after 100% verification it said:
Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Is there something else I should be doing before going to the next step? Thanks again for your help, it is very appreciated.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did it at any time ask for the Vista install Cd?
Do you have the install Cd?

Run the Check disk for errors and let us know the result.
You will need the install Cd for running start up repair.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

I am not on a Vista Pc - had to search where the file might be.
Check.
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
It should open in notepad.
Post the log file here.

annber

WOW!! I am not sure if it is fixed or if there is more work to be done, but here is an update for you.
I originally noticed the bluescreen because it happened every time I tried to use Internet Explorer to go online. After running that first step only and rebooting, I am able to connect to the internet again through ie. I have also regained use of my printer.
I am including the zipped file from the mini-dump since I can go online again, and the CBS log.
I do not have the original install cd, should I still proceed with checking for hard drive errors?
Thanks.

Attachments

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Good work - yes run the check for hard drive errors.
I will check the logs and post back asap.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Minidump check.
Probably caused by : raspptp.sys

File Description : Peer-to-Peer Tunneling Protocol
Belongs to Microsoft.
I will check how that may be causing the blue screens.

The CBS log - will take half a day to read and may not tell us much.

Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

I have to sign off until tomorrow - will check back then.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Let us know the result of checking the hard drive.

Also Post a Hjt log - to see what is running on your system.

Hijack this 2.04
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on Edit > Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

annber

Hi, I apologize for not posting earlier, had to attend to medical issues.
System Information Utility results:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 293758 MB, Free - 51270 MB; D: Total - 11483 MB, Free - 5187 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DGM965RA
Antivirus: None

Not sure why it says Antivirus: none. I have MalwareBytes and Avast.

annber

I did the Drive check for errors, however, when I clicked on check I got this window:
Windows cant check the disk drive while in use, do you want to schedule it next time you start your computer.
So I checked yes, I restarted the computer, but I did not notice any reports or info about a result to the drive check?

annber

Hi, this is the log you requested this am, thanks for your time and effort!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 9:52:35 AM, on 5/21/2012
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.19019)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Windows\LCDCtr.exe
C:\Windows\CNYHKey.exe
C:\Windows\ModLEDKey.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\SSDMonitor.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Retail&SubCH=HSN&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=DTP&M=GZ7108TV
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.charter.net/google/index.php?q=
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Retail&SubCH=HSN&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=DTP&M=GZ7108TV
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch=Retail&SubCH=HSN&Br=GTW&Loc=ENG_US&Sys=DTP&M=GZ7108TV
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Powered by Charter Communications
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {bf7380fa-e3b4-4db2-af3e-9d8783a45bfc} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Charter Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-85AB-AF21F3D9AE2F} - C:\PROGRA~1\CHARTE~1\CHARTE~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: WinZip Courier BHO - {A8FB70FA-0FDF-4601-9DC4-BFA1B357204F} - C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP~1\wzwmcie.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Charter Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-85AB-AF21F3D9AE2F} - C:\PROGRA~1\CHARTE~1\CHARTE~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LCDCtr] LCDCtr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LedPointer] CNYHKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ModLedKey] ModLEDKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSDMonitor] C:\Program Files\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\SSDMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\annber\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AlcoholAutomount] "C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxAutoMntSrv.exe" -automount
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: AutorunsDisabled
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: AutorunsDisabled
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab
O16 - DPF: {CF84DAC5-A4F5-419E-A0BA-C01FFD71112F} (SysInfo Class) - http://content.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/global/bin/srldetect_intel_4.4.22.0.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Gateway Games\Gateway Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: PC Tools Startup and Shutdown Monitor service (PCToolsSSDMonitorSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\PC Tools\sMonitor\StartManSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
--
End of file - 8370 bytes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online