Solved: Blue Screen on Vista from Virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mockhazzard

Hey folks! Its 5 days until university class starts and i desperately need my desktop working.

I installed the program Alcohol 120%. Its a free download trial version i used cause i only needed it once. I had the installer already from a while ago. After installation i got a big red popup and then blue screen. The error code was 0x0000007E.

Boot normally: I can get to the login screen. Login, but 20 seconds later it crashes. Or if you click on anything.

Safemode wont even get to the login screen.

boot to Command prompt crashed right away.

I even tried booting into a cd of linux i have, no dice. I can however get to the bios and boot menu but not sure what to do there.

I really wouldn't care to reinstall windows, but honestly i need the data. Keep in mind i dont really know much more about the computer more than its running vista. English please :).

THANKS!

mockhazzard

Thanks for the reply!

I bought the PC with vista already on it so i have the FutureShop Default CD. It would most likely work to restore the PC to default, however i have alot of information on the harddrive which i want to save. It doesn't have the option, just says "all data will be overwritten".

hi can you run the linux cd in live cd mode then you can save your data

mockhazzard

Im not sure how to change modes like you said, but i put it in and boot from it. Shows the linux icon in the corner.

When i load this way i get an error

Can't find KANOTIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.

/static/ash: can't access tty; job control turned off
kanotix# _

mockhazzard

Genius's on this site!

Booted into Ubuntu fine. Right now its copying all my data to my external harddrive.

Thank you so much!, saved me a few hundred bucks to have someone else do that. ill save this boot cd forever.

Guess what im doin for the rest of the day. Installing software! woot :S no more Alcohol120% though.

yeah if my memory serves me it does not play with vista course my memory ain't what it used to be, and your most welcome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!