1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bettyr, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bettyr

bettyr Thread Starter

blue screen message driver irql not less or equal with ndis
    please help

2. marcan

marcan

Hi there,

I only ask because it helped me out. Have you tried any of Vistas own diagnostic tools?

3. bettyr

bettyr Thread Starter

no where will i find that,don't know nothing about this new dell computer are vista

4. marcan

marcan

I went to Start - typed "diagnostics" in search bar - Run the Memory Diagnostic Tools Program at the top and followed the instructions.

You may find this article more in depth :

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6169357.html

I followed it when i got "Bluescreen of Death". It found a program i had installed was the culprit. Even though the program ran fine when i used it i was advised to uninstall it. I did so and seems fine now.

Hope this helps. Im sure someone else could add to this. Let me know how you get on.

5. bettyr

bettyr Thread Starter

thank you so much ,i had just got dsl,and my server embarq had a security center
    so i downloaded it ,and thats when i started getting that nasty blue screen.
    i unstall it , so i got avg far my virus protection.so far im still on line
    thanks so very much

6. marcan

marcan

Glad that was of help. Can you just confirm if you used that diagnostic tools and if Vista saw the program that you mentioned as a problem?

If this did help and you are free of bluescreen oerhaps you could mark this post as solved under Thread Options at the top of this box.

Bye.:)

7. bettyr

bettyr Thread Starter

i never could get that to come up ,all i kept getting is internet expoyer cannot display the website.
    but i went to the other one and read, so i decided that was what was wrong,
    so far im still on line.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice