Solved: blue screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lich22

windows vista service pack 1

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 00000258
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041110-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-56859-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\Temp\WERCBB7.tmp.version.txt

how do i solve this problem

valis

can you navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041110-01.dmp and upload the bolded file please?

lich22

ill have to wait for it to another dump i think since ccleaner cleaned memory dumps i turned that option off now though ill post back once next dump happens again

Update to Service Pack 2 >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=929762&sd=RMVP

What external devices are connected? The issue is not uncommon with wireless adapters that do not have the latest drivers and some types of external drives.

Some Firewalls will cause the issue as well if all external device components are not up to date even with the latest SP

lich22

yeah i have to update to service pack 2 since i reinstalled vista since i thought that may fix this blue screen problem

lich22

i dont have any wireless adaptors im not sure if this problem gone away because it hasnt made a minidump for a while now

but it randomly stuffs up so not sure if it has actually gone away it is now service pack 2

IF you get a new BSOD, AFTER you have verified SP2, let me see that.

To verify your present OS version go to START > RUN and enter winver

Let me have a look at the minidumps >>

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

lich22

it wont let me copy and paste the information about windows but it does say its service pack 2

edit the minidump folder was empty and i changed the location to what you posted %systemroot%\minidump

No problem then, I'm assuming you have not received any new BSODs since the update. If you go long enough without, and feel all is well you can mark the thread "solved" using the tab at upper left.

If you do get a BSOD, the minidump should now show up in the designated location.

lich22

if for 2 more days nothing happens ill mark it solved

hasnt had a problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online