1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: blue screens black screens green screens

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LBWTFH, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBWTFH

LBWTFH Thread Starter

hi i've had a slew of problems with my new computer

-i get blue screened and it says a warning message that isn't the same from the previous windows, you know hwo it normally said your system has become unstable and what not. this message says that there was an error and windows is shutting itself down to prevent further damage

-i get black screened(iduno if thats the term) but what happens is i'll be working on some files and then out of nowhere my monitor goes black, the computer and monitor stay on, but the monitor goes into some sort of standby mode thing where the power light flashes

-i also ocassionally have trouble rebooting one of my other computers and whenever it gives me a problem the screen goes black and there's a green line that goes across the top of the monitor

iv'e tried spy ware removing programs/anti viruses/fire walls none of them seem to be working

any help would be greatly apprecieated

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The issues sound a bit like a hardware failure, the blue STOP screen could be hardware or software.

The Black screen sounds like the PC has died, but the power supply continues to run. This could well be hardware.

Both issues could be something like overheating of the CPU (are all fans running, is the CPU fan dust clogged - shouldnt be if it's "new")?

If it's "new" and under warranty, take it back.

It would have helped to know if it was a desktop or laptop though.

3. LBWTFH

LBWTFH Thread Starter

the computer is about 24 hours old now

all the fans are running fine

its' a desktop and i'm going to try blowing a osilating fan into it

if it is an overheating problem how do i tell which hardware peice is overheating, so i can buy some heatsinks/fans

oh and the blue stop screen comes on randomly sometimes when i first boot and others when i'm working on some photos, but never when my brother plays video games (americas army/fear/half life 2)

oh and is there a way to tell how hot each peice of hardware is running at?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!