Solved: Blue "Spyware Infection" screen frozen on my desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdaries

Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking time to look at my thread. I forgot to turn my computer off last night at work and I came back to it this morning with a blue screen that says "Spyware Infection", so I ran Ad-aware and Microsoft Antispyware and between the both of them they caught lots of spyware. I've deleted them but the blue screen is still there. Another thing, when I click on IE shortcut I'm brought to a blue screen telling me that "my information is vulnerable..." and I have three links at the bottom of the screen and they all take me to the same website: spysheriff.com. I found a txt document in my local folder with spysheriff's site on it. So I'm stuck with this screen; I can't change the background image, and when I try to change the desktop image the default pictures are grayed out, please help with desktop image restoration and spyware removal. I'm not a computer buff but I can manage, the IT dept here sucks, so please help me!!! It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

-jdaries-

Oh, you can't mean that about the IT dept. Ouch! Are you sure they're not just overworked?

Anyway, is this on the desktop? Some spyware replaces the desktop image with a web page that links to their site. Spysheriff is definitely spyware.

Boot into safe mode. Hold F8 after the BIOS screen and run adaware then.

Spysniffer is a trojan that downloads spyware my I just delt with the same problem last night with one of my freinds computers, do you have any anti virus software on your computer?

Try running this test it should solve your problem http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

jdaries

Hi Slarti and Sn1p34,

First I want to apologize to the IT Dept here. :)

Second, yes the image is frozen on the desktop and I have tried running both Ad-aware and Microsoft Antispyware in safe mode with no results (but I will try it one more time). The anti virus software I have is Grisoft AVG Anitvirus and I've ran that also. Once I post this reply I will run your link Sn1p34 and I will let you know what happens. Thanks again guys.

jdaries

Hello,

I've done what was suggested above but I still have the same blue "Spyware Infection" screen on my desktop. I can't set any new desktop images and this blue screen is making me uneasy, please help. Thanks.

jdaries

I was able to get rid of the "blue" screen by restoring to earlier date in safe mode, but something else is screwy; I don't know I will find out what it is later. But the blue screen has been resolved. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online