1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bluescreen (Bad_Pool_Caller) after Acronis Restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by markers, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markers

markers Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    now its time to ask for your help.

I have a problem i cant get rid off for several days.

Maybe you can help me, here.

The Problem is explained very fast:
    When I try to boot Win XP Pro SP3, i get a Bluescreen with following error:

[​IMG]

I can run the safe mode of windows xp, also i can run it with network drivers so i can access the internet from this machine.

But i am not able to run Windows in normal mode.

One further problem is, i get no minidumps. In the folder C:\Minidumps are only "old ones" created on 27.01.2013 !?
    Settings for the Dumps should be OK.!
    Maybe it has to do with the ssd? But the ssd is not the active partition and does not appear in WIN XP?
    Hmmm... this is the first from some things i have no idea!

What did i do before the bluescreen appears?
    Nothing of course :grin::grin:

Now its gonna be a bit complicated:
    The machine, where this problems appears is a brandnew Toshiba Satellite P875-31r with win 8 64Bit running. Win 8 is running fine.
    The machine has 2 Hard Disks.
    1x SSD 128 GB
    1x HDD 750 GB

It has 16GB RAM and works with a Intel HM76 Express Chipset.
    Toshiba do not provide any XP-Drivers for this machine. Only Win7 and Win8.

My plan was now to replace a image from my old XP-Laptop to the HDD.
    So that i can boot both Operating Systems on my new Laptop.
    So i did with Acronis True Image Home 2011 + PlusPack a Image and restored it in the "Universal Restore" mode.
    (Before u ask why: I have one old software on the xp, i still need and its bound to this computer!)

I already tried to include any kind of drivers, intel provides:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=deu&changeLang=true&DwnldId=15677

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=20775&ProductFamily=Softwareprodukte&ProductLine=Chipsatz-Software&ProductProduct=Software-Installations-Utility für Intel® Chipsätze&lang=deu

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194&keyword=intel rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST)&lang=deu

This also did not work for me.
    On 2 drivers i tried to include i get this error:
    http://forum.acronis.com/de/system/files/forum/2013/02/40091/imag0742.jpg

On 1 driver i got this error:
    http://forum.acronis.com/de/system/files/forum/2013/02/40091/imag0741.jpg

With one driver i get no error - but it is also not working.

Always when i boot the win xp system in normal mode i get the "Bad_Pool_Caller" error.

Furthermore i tried to let run the image as a virtual machine using Virtualbox with Win8. Same Problem here, even in the virtual machine i get the "Bad_Pool_Caller" error.

It hope this is not really a BSOD, because i can access the safe mode, yes and even the safe mode with network drivers.

At the moment, i have no ideas how to fix this problem.
    I tried now for days. Restored the image several times, installed a virtual machine tried the repair install and so on...

I also thougt, maybe WinXP is just not compatible with this Laptop, but i also tried to install a blank Windows XP Prof. - and it worked. So it should not be a general hardware problem.

Guys, please help me.

P.S.
    Excuse me for my bad English, i finished school long time ago :rolleyes:

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

I think your problem is all down to drivers, when XP runs in Safe Mode it only uses the basic windows drivers which are less likely to cause a problem, in Normal Mode it will load all drivers that were on the system you imaged it from and there are likely to be quite a few that are not compatible with the new machine.

If you go into Safe Mode and then Device Manager and uninstall all the drivers then reboot you may have some luck. But, and this is a big but, you will not be able to validate the licence for XP if the laptop was using an OEM licence as it is tied to that machine and cannot be transferred.

Apart from that, without the appropriate compatible drivers to run XP on the new machine you may never get it to run smoothly.

What is the item of software that you still need to run?

3. markers

markers Thread Starter

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

You are still going to have a problem validating the licence. Even if you have a retail version you cannot have it licensed on two machines.

5. markers

markers Thread Starter

Hello Mark,
    i had still some unused XP-Prof Keys.
    I changed it with the Microsoft Tool and have now a fully licensed version.

6. Mark1956

Mark1956

I doubt very much that spare Windows Pro keys are legitimate as Microsoft stopped releasing new licenses a long time ago and you only get a legitimate licence key when you buy a disc, so they might get blocked in due course, but your problem is solved so please mark the thread as solved from the thread tools tab at the top of the page.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice