1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: bluescreen errors

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by catb18, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. catb18

catb18 Thread Starter

hello,

can avg antivirus free be responsible for bluescreen errors.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Can you post a few of your latest minidump files? They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

Windows Vista

Right-click the minidump file, select Send To, then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Windows Vista will compress (zip) the file and save the new zipped file in the same place as the original file.

If you don't have permission to do it from the Minidump folder, right-click on a minidump file and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).

From the desktop, try zipping the file again.

If still no luck, disable the UAC.

3. catb18

catb18 Thread Starter

hiya,
    i think i know what caused my bluescreen errors,i think it was the nvidia driver but before i do anything to solve it can you take a look at these

Attached Files:

4. Phantom010

nvlddmkm.sys is the probable cause. It's a driver for your NVIDIA's display adapter.

5. catb18

catb18 Thread Starter

thanks for your help managed to locate and install new driver for nvidia display adapter.

6. Phantom010

You're welcome!

7. catb18

catb18 Thread Starter

the next post will be appearing soon that was the first of 44 problems most of them i,ll be able to sort out some i won,t without your help hope you don,t mind.

8. biofreack

biofreack

hello i read that post and i have some problem with blue screen and dumping memory too...so i`ll attach dmp file so somebody here maybe will take a look at the error ; thank you.

Attached Files:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice