Solved: BlueScreen on Sony VAIO VPCCW21FX

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thebigguyconnor

I had a bluescreen on this sony laptop, and I have attached the dump file to the thread.

Can anyone identify what caused the bluescreen (driver... program... etc??)

I was watching a flash video as the computer crashed. I am thinking it was perhaps the graphics driver. If you can't identify what caused the BlueScreen thru that file could you tell me where to check to find out??

Thanks

Attachments

LagunaGTO

Account Closed
Have you updated the video card driver and Adobe Flash version yet?

thebigguyconnor

Because it's a laptop video card you can only get a version that the actual manufacturer releases themselves (for some reason the nvidia drivers that are for laptops don't work with this model of gpu in the laptop).

Anyways I updated it to the latest version off of the Sony website. I'll try updating flash later tonight, I'm not sure if it has the latest version. If anyone can decipher what meaningful data is inside the dump that would be helpful, to find out which process or driver caused the crash.

thebigguyconnor

I changed only the extension to txt. Its the same exact file. I couldn't upload the file with a DMP extension because I believe they block files being uploaded based on the extension name. So I changed it to TXT to be safe.

But if you want I'll try uploading it with an extension of dmp if you want.

LagunaGTO

Account Closed
My crash analyzer is telling me it's not a valid kernel file. I have attempted to change it to .dmp but I believe the change to .txt might have caused a problem. See if it will work or else try www.2shared.com

EDIT: You can upload the .zip

thebigguyconnor

Thanks for the help, it turns out the driver update stopped any further graphics-related bluescreens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online