1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BlueScreen on Sony VAIO VPCCW21FX

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thebigguyconnor, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thebigguyconnor

thebigguyconnor Thread Starter

I had a bluescreen on this sony laptop, and I have attached the dump file to the thread.

Can anyone identify what caused the bluescreen (driver... program... etc??)

I was watching a flash video as the computer crashed. I am thinking it was perhaps the graphics driver. If you can't identify what caused the BlueScreen thru that file could you tell me where to check to find out??

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

Have you updated the video card driver and Adobe Flash version yet?

3. thebigguyconnor

Because it's a laptop video card you can only get a version that the actual manufacturer releases themselves (for some reason the nvidia drivers that are for laptops don't work with this model of gpu in the laptop).

Anyways I updated it to the latest version off of the Sony website. I'll try updating flash later tonight, I'm not sure if it has the latest version. If anyone can decipher what meaningful data is inside the dump that would be helpful, to find out which process or driver caused the crash.

4. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

Can you upload the .dmp file and not change it to .txt?

5. thebigguyconnor

I changed only the extension to txt. Its the same exact file. I couldn't upload the file with a DMP extension because I believe they block files being uploaded based on the extension name. So I changed it to TXT to be safe.

But if you want I'll try uploading it with an extension of dmp if you want.

6. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

My crash analyzer is telling me it's not a valid kernel file. I have attempted to change it to .dmp but I believe the change to .txt might have caused a problem. See if it will work or else try www.2shared.com

EDIT: You can upload the .zip

7. thebigguyconnor

Thanks for the help, it turns out the driver update stopped any further graphics-related bluescreens.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice