1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BlueScreen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by maxcohen, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxcohen

maxcohen Thread Starter

Hi there,

I have a "BlueScreen" error. (I see there are other posts with the same name, but I'm wondering if they are unique to each cause.)

Here's my scenario: I joined MLB.tv which allows me to view live games and video streams of previous games in HD. I have an HD monitor that is hooked up via an HDMI cable. (I'm not sure how relevant that is, but I'll just throw that out there to show it may have to do with video somehow.)

After about 5-10 minutes of watching a game I get the BlueScreen with the error stating "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". The specifics of the error are here:

[​IMG]

My computer is relatively new (less than a year old) and hasn't given me problems until now.

It did state on the BlueScreen that it suggests I go into the BIOS and disable memory options caching and shadowing. If I do that, I'm wondering how that will that affect my experience when using it (?). Not sure. At any rate, if anyone has any advice or a solution, I'd be grateful!

Thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Yes, usually they are.

go to C:\Windows\Minidump
    Copy the .dmp files in there and zip them up, attach the zip file in your next post using the "Go Advanced" button, then click the paper clip icon to browse and attach the zip, then hit the upload button. Maybe someone here can analyze the file for you. Also post the make and model of the problem PC.

3. maxcohen

maxcohen Thread Starter

Thanks.

My specs are as follows:
    Gateway SX2800
    Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34GHz
    4 GB RAM

(F.Y.I. I noticed that if one clicks on the little computer next to my name it shows the specs of my computer that I entered when I first signed up. (You need to be signed in to see that, I guess).)

At any rate, the zipped folder with my Minidump files in it is attached. If there is anything that I can do to make it easier for someone to help me with this, please let me know!

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

The last three dumps for April:

Probably caused by : kl1.sys (Kaspersky driver)

Upgrade to a newer version of Kaspersky AV software, or uninstall it and choose another Brand of Anti Virus software.

You should only have one Antivirus installed at any one time.

5. maxcohen

maxcohen Thread Starter

I've discovered that it is indeed most likely the Kaspersky anti-virus software. MLB.TV even started addressing the issue since a lot of people have the software. I'm dealing with a few people at Kaspersky's site now and we'll no doubt hammer it out somehow. In the meantime, I'll mark this thread as "Solved."

Thanks again for all your help in the matter. It is truly appreciated!

Cheers!

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

If you find a solution, please post it, thanks.

Welcome to TSG forums.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice