1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by unclewoody, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. unclewoody

unclewoody Thread Starter

I just bought a Philips SHB9100 stereo bluetooth headset for use with my computer (HP IQ506 Touchscreen with Win7, SP3), and I cannot hear anything wireless.
    I can see the headset on Devices and Printers, but can hear nothing without the audio cable.
    The install instructions said something about a 'connect' button, but I have never seen this during my install.
    I successfully installed on an ASUS T100, with no problems, but this has me stymied. Didn't see any 'connect' button here, either.
    Re-installed HP bluetooth driver(s), to no avail.
    I have found no applicable updates on HP Support.
    Computer says the device is working properly.

2. unclewoody

If I knew what did it, I would post, but something I did got the things working correctly.
    Sorry I can't say what it was.
    But, problem solved!

3. unclewoody

Went back to the same site later, and headset did not produce sound, so problem is still here.
    I even tried to install a bluetooth adapter, but the driver disc is 3", and my computer cannot read it. Adapter is a Soundbot 340 -- anywhere I can download a driver? No response yet from Kickbot.
    I want to operate without an adapter, but thought it would help through the immediate desire to watch BB games without disturbing my wife.

4. unclewoody

The Headset shows up in Devices and Printers, but not in start>sound?
    And I am still informed that the device is working properly.

5. unclewoody

One more update -- I have the Bluetooth adapter plugged into a powered USB hub, but still have not hdard from Kickbox re a driver.
    I see the "yellow!" alert symbol for Generic Bluetooth radio in the Device Manager.
    The DM also shows an HP Bluetooth Module and a Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, both with no 'alerts'.

I sure wish I knew what I did yesterday to get them to work, but not so.

6. unclewoody

I think I (stupidly) had not muted my speakers.
    I did this, and the device has been doing fine for three days, and counting.,

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1116916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice