1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bluetooth keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by valis, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator Thread Starter

Easily the best purchase I made in 14 was a Lenovo tablet for 40 bucks. Love it. But need a real keyboard as I can palm a basketball easily and this touchscreen typing is not meant for hands my size.

Parameters are easy, I got this to lose the laptop as much as possible, so it needs to compact as small as possible. Im a camper and biker, so i needthe space in le backpack.

Price does matter, as I think this can be kept sub 40 USD, maybe 30.

Thats it, other than battery life. Big hands, compact well, price point. And not 2 of 3.

2. windgod14

windgod14

3. valis

that's what I started the thread for, opinions.....:)

I'm a big guy, but love this tablet. Hate the keyboard though. Have you had any luck with them?

4. windgod14

windgod14

I don't have any experience with the roll-up keyboards.

Other options in that price range would be smaller or mini keyboards. Comparatively, a roll up would give you plenty of real estate for your hands with good portability and price. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a cheap one that is a full size keyboard. Several of them are waterproof as well.

Note that there are two types out there: some have keys you can push, and others are just touch sensitive.

5. valis

the touch sensitive ones aren't going to work; that's the issue I have with the tablet keyboard.....I just type too fast for them. I think the top solution I've seen is a bluetooth one, but I ain't committing yet. :)

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Love my bluetooth keyboard. I wanted something foldable to travel with my 7" tablet and the cover becomes a stand for the tablet. (It will also hold a smart phone though I don't own one of them).
    Purchased from Newegg.
    http://mywerkz.com/?page_id=1290
    The only reason you see a wire is that I was charging it before use. It will work 400 hours on a charge. I haven't had to charge it yet.

Attached Files:

7. valis

Kiddo, that soared into the lead. That is exactly what Im looking for. Obviously Im concerned about durability, but I reckon if my 2tb external can survive in my backpack, it can as well.

Danke, plodr. :)

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You're most welcome, valis.
    I researched and found what I wanted based on an online review from a user.
    I then trudged to all the local B&M stores where they tried to sell me what I did not want. So I bought online and got what I wanted.

9. valis

perfect. I may pick it up this weekend, I'll let you know. :)

10. valis

Got this one for 20 bucks. Doesnt fold but is only 10"x4", works on android, works for me. :)

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Your link doesn't work. I wanted to see what you decided on.

12. valis

weird....doesn't work here either, and when I hit quote, I don't see an errors in the bbs.....hang on....

13. valis

14. valis

fyi, banged out a loooong letter to a friend of mine of this about half an hour ago. LOVE it. Concerned about the durabilty, as that is sorta why I wanted a folding keyboard (again, this is going to do a ton of traveling in a backpack), but I'm very satisfied with this one. (y)

15. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Looks good! Yup, that's the one thing I missed on my tablet, a keyboard.
    I could not see me typing posts in forums by using an onscreen one.

I have a way to attach a mouse but that isn't as important as the keyboard.
    Happy typing, valis!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice