1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bonjour and itunes help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by claires1994, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. claires1994

claires1994 Thread Starter

I got a notebook for christmas this year. It uses windows 7. Itunes has been working perfectly until one day when it just would not load up for me, whatever i tried. I went onto apple.com and it told me to unistall itunes and all its components. I did this. It told me to then re-install it, trouble is when installing it will stop on the stopping services part and says "bonjour service (the bonjour service) has failed to start. Please verify system privelages."

Ive spent hours upon hours serching for a solution and have tried many things. At the moment bonjour is disabled.

Im 16 and I love my ipod and would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
    Claire

2. digitalsatori

digitalsatori

Hi Claire,

Did you download the latest version of iTunes today? I read somewhere that the new version of iTunes requires a restart of your computer after installation. You may want to try restarting your computer, then removing iTunes again. Once iTunes is removed, restart the computer again and reinstall. Restart after the reinstall and see if this helps to resolve your issue.

If not, reply back here and we can try manually stopping the Bonjour services.

3. claires1994

claires1994 Thread Starter

Hello,

I literally cannot thank you enough, that did the trick ! :D Im looking at my itunes for the first time in a few weeks !!

:)
    Thank you soo much !

4. digitalsatori

digitalsatori

You are quite welcome! Glad I could help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice