1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bookmark toolbar

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Doogie, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doogie

Doogie Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1525 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 190771 MB, Free - 57372 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D915GAG
    Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hi. I recently got a new HP laptop and I have a question. I use Chrome as a browser and Yahoo as my main page, and initially I noticed that all on the laptop and on the tower were identical. Then several days later I saw that the contents of my bookmarks toolbar did not reflect the changes I had made on my desktop. I assumed that it must be a sync problem, so I added a new menu item to My Yahoo home page, but the added item showed up immediately. The bookmark toolbar still shows the old items so I'm confused.

Doug

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you referring to the Bookmarks toolbar in Chrome or something on the Yahoo page? Home page changes and Chrome bookmarks are two completely and unrelated things. To have the Chrome bookmarks sync you must ensure that all computers are still signed into the same Google account and syncing in Chrome settings; that's the three bar menu you see in the top right hand corner of Chrome. If you don't see the sign-in option in the drop down menu then go to Settings and it'll be at the top of that screen. You can also go to Advanced there and check that bookmarks are set to sync.

3. Doogie

Doogie Thread Starter

When I look at Settings, there is no option to Sign-in but only to Disconnect your Google account. Is that a permanent thing? The write-up doesn't imply that.What will be the effect of that? Also, if I log-off Google from a new tab, Settings says that I am signed in as.... What goes?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You don't log off a tab, you either log in or log into Chrome, unless you are confusing logging into your browser with logging into a webpage.

Disconnect is what what I meant by sign out, I wasn't in front of a computer with Chrome, same thing. You can sign-out/disconnect as many times as you want, you can always sign back in as long as you don;t forget your password. So are all three signed into the same Google account and are the bookmarks selected to be synced?

5. Doogie

Doogie Thread Starter

An interesting note for you: While I was looking into the problem I was having with Google bookmark toolbar, I opened up the Bookmark Manager on the laptop and in to Bookmarks Toolbar file there were BOTH the original button markers I had had and the new ones I had made BUT they were in a different order. When I put them back into the same order as they were on the desktop, the buttons on the toolbar were as they should be. I found out what had happened but not why it happened. Thanks for your help and I'm going to close this now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice