1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Boot Issues - Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ziggydowop, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziggydowop

ziggydowop Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having issues getting my laptop to boot. It was working fine on 03/11/15 and I working into the evening on it. Went to boot it up 03/12/15 and received the following:

Screen One:
    Windows is loading files...

Screen Two:
    [Startup Repair box]
    If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your coputer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system adminstrator, or run Lenovo Product Recovery.

(I have not attached anything)

Screen Three:
    [Diagnostic Repair Details]
    boot critical file D;\CLFS.SYS is corrupt

I'm able to go in to the System Recovery Options screen and did restore when this first happened. Clearly I'm in over my head on this and need assistance. I've tried searching for help on the web, but just don't know enough about what it happening to correct the problem. Please help!!

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. ziggydowop

ziggydowop Thread Starter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried what you suggested and am finding myself unable to get the command prompt in safe mode. I was finally able to figure out how to get to safe mode, by tapping f8 repeatedly during startup. Once I'm in the Advanced Boot Options menu I select Safe Mode with Command Prompt. From there is goes right into the safe processes I've been dealing with all along. It will go to 'Windows is loading files....' and then to the 'Startup Repair Box' where it scans and tells me it can't fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how I can get to the command prompt in Safe Mode without it continuing to load the Windows files?

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice