1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] boot up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crylynx, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Just installed my components in a new case with a new power supply. Sytem boots till floppy boots then hangs and led on floppy stays on. Wont go any further cant get to bios either. Any suggestios?
    Thanks

CRYLYNX

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Could the floppy cable be on backwards? It's usually why the floppy light stays on.

3. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

tryied the cable both ways. One way get no response at all.

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) if floppy light is staying on, then youve got the cable on backwards. It should flash briefly then go out if no disk in the drive. If a disk, it should flash off and on as it reads. no flashing =backwards cable or bad drive.

2) bios has nothing to do with floppy...if you are not getting to it you are either pressing the wrong key or waiting too long to press it....see your motherboard manual for that one. (or have a keyboard error)

5. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

when I put the cable on the other way I get no blinking and then the computer still hangs at the same point. so confused now

6. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

I'm gonna go try again

Thanks

7. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Tried the cable the other way. At start up runs till floppy light comes on then locks up. At this point it is still showng the soyo screen. Rebooted and keeped hitting delete to enter bios got a beep out of it but still wont let me in. Hangs on the soyo screen yet. any more suggestions, could any of the led leads cause the problem that are connected from the case to the motherboard?

8. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Tried a different floppy and still locks up on floppy. Light comes on when detected then stays on and hangs. Tried entering bios and still can't enter it system hangs before its time to enter bios. Get beeps but wont disply bios screen. Is it possible to be the new power supply causing the problem? Any more suggestion very appreiciated.

Thanks Crylynx

9. A Hawk

A Hawk

check that all you're jumpers are correct, if that does'nt work try reseting cmos

10. kknla

kknla

Does it hang at all w/o the floppy drive installed?

11. Crylynx

Crylynx Thread Starter

Took a while but it was a bad cable to my dvd player. Did not find this till I stripped it down to the bone and set it up on the table out of the case. It was a brand new cable also, a round one for air flow, and looks.

Thanks all

**CRYLYNX**

12. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think you're about the 3rd person that's bought round cables and had problems with them! :eek: I think I'll leave the ones I have in the closet. :D

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice