Solved: bootable Partition Magic CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pcguy9441

I can't seem to create a bootable Partition Magic CD. From Win7, I went to Nero 7 Ultra write bootable CD mode and dragged the relevant files from my Partition Magic 8.0 disc and burned a CD-R. The CD boots, but leaves me in A: with no indication of how to find the CD drive so I can execute the PM .exe file. I have no way of knowing if the CD drive driver is present nor the drive letter for the drive. I did a DIR of all the drives listed during the boot process and they are all my HD drives.

I Googled how to do this and found PM 8.05 image download and burned that in ISO mode, no boot. Burned it in "bootable CD" mode and get the same results as 1st try above where there's no apparent CD driver nor drive letter.

I did not try it under XP and know that Nero 7 is problematical with Win7, but the BurningROM stuff has always worked in terms of just burning ISO or music.

How the heck do you do this?

Thanks!

Rache

Banned
IMHO Partion Magic is the worst partition software in the world. I had so many problems with it I threw it away.

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
I've had no problems at all with using Partition Magic, perhaps if you download the .iso again and try burning it direct to CD/DVD using a different prog that might work?

I use Brasero in Ubuntu and CD XPPro (freeware) in Vista http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

pcguy9441

Hmmm ... I've used various revs of Partition Magic since Win 98 and love it. Never had a problem till now because I can't boot from my floppies with no floppy drive. When I built my latest box, I consciously got the smallest case I could find which has no floppy space. I do have EASEUS Pro and it's pretty much a PM clone, but I'm just trying to get PM to work from a CD as a challenge. I know it can be done.

I'll try the CD XPPro route.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online