Solved: Booting issue: Windows ME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SolderOn

Got an old Compaq Deskpro EN SFF Pent3 500Mhz, 128mb Ram.

Ran FDISK and Reformatted 10Gb drive to NTFS, successfully installed ME.

Problem.....when switching on and after usual Compaq splash screen, i get black screen with "1782-Disk Controller Failure" at top left of screen, And, "F1:Boot" at bottom left of screen.

Hitting F1 does then boot into Windows, but its annoying as i'm sure you'll appreciate.

Any ideas how to get rid of this prompt?

SolderOn

Me had brain wave.

Have solitary West Digital HD (100AA), so decided to remove jumper (IE set as SINGLE) rather than having it set as MASTER.

And, hey worked a treat! At least if anyone else has this problem hope this works for them too. Tara for now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!