1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BOOTMGR is missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dr. Phil, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil Thread Starter

Hi I had my 120 GB laptop HDD in an external casing for USB and formatted it. I want to load XP back onto it now and use in my laptop again. HP Compaq NX6110. I have the original OS CD that came with my laptop.I have checked that the laptop boots from CD first then HDD second but keep on getting the message "BOOTMGR is missing,Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Please help.Thanks

2. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Hi mate!

There is a chance that your BIOS doesn't identify the external HDD as a real HDD but as a usb device so....

Check again! maybe the priority comes as usb device/ cd rom/ hdd!

3. Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil Thread Starter

Hi there

Yes thanks! In the BIOS, I clicked on the option "reset default settings" or something along those lines and on she goes! Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!