Solved: Bootup takes tooo long

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asphalt

ok, so my laptop stays on the ALL BLACK background with WINDOWS XP logo in the middle for almost 5 minutes. This problem has become more troubling to me now, taking hell lotta time. :confused: :confused:
1 out of 8 times approximate, its amazingly fast, and passes that same screen within 10 seconds. :eek: :eek:

Recently i have installed bitdefender antivirus(earlier had AVG free), but this problem is since before that.

Also another problem, now after the blue welcome screen and because of this new antivirus(surely), it takes another 3 minutes for the system to be ready for use.

Pls tell me, wat i need to put up here as to help u guys rectify this problem. :rolleyes:

guitar

Banned
have you checked whats comming on at start up?
go to start/run/type in msconfig and uncheck unecesary programs
i let my antivirus avg and windows defender only

asphalt

here i have attached the image of wat is enabled on my system. not sure, which one to disable. Can u tell me?? :confused:

Attachments

asphalt

guitar said:
just the first 3 uncheck the rest
thanks buddy, i have done it and there is a noticable change in speed. Any more tweaks??

I have even cleaned the registry using "regsupreme" software.

Okey, any more ways to speed up the system?

I have attached an image of the processes currently going on, is anything unwanted? and should i also attach hijackthis log? :)

Attachments

asphalt

Oh, i think i just discovered something. I had disabled windows update(Notify me but dont automatically download or install) .

So now there is an update icon always bugging me to to download IE7 update which i dont want at all. Pls help as wat i can do at this stage? If i disable it completely, then it says, my system is at risk... :(

asphalt

guitar said:
i like ie7 but each to his own:)
So wat can i do to avoid it?? I have even disabled IE from control panel. :p . So its not even on my desktop. I hate it bigtime (n)

asphalt, to tell Windows Update not to "offer" you a certain update again, uncheck it in the list of available updates next time (including if it's the only one). After that, it will ask you if you'd prefer not to ever be offered that update again.

If you ever change your mind about an update you've done that with, just go to the Windows/Microsoft Update site itself and it can be detected again.

asphalt

Ms. Mia said:
asphalt, to tell Windows Update not to "offer" you a certain update again, uncheck it in the list of available updates next time (including if it's the only one). After that, it will ask you if you'd prefer not to ever be offered that update again.

If you ever change your mind about an update you've done that with, just go to the Windows/Microsoft Update site itself and it can be detected again.
Ms. Mia, Thank u so much, its gone :D :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online