Solved: Both Printers Down!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

panamahat

I posted this as a reply to Carrie but think it should be a separate post. I, too, am having printer problems. My HPpsc2410 Photosmart stopped working and, needing to get something out, I hooked up my backup Canon IP1000 Pixma. Lo and behold, same problem. I've gone through all the attempts to reinstall but neither program will recognize the hardware. I've also restored the system twice. No effect. I've been all over the HP site and the internet in general trying to figure out what on earth (or extra-terrestrially) is going on. So far, nada, nada, nada.
I'm in Panama so the thought of having to deal with possible hardware repairs with my limited Spanish is frightening. :eek: My computer is a Toshiba 5005-S504 Satellite Laptop. OS is XP.
Any help very much appreciated.
Jane

I don't know if this will help and haven't given it much thought but when I have troubles like these i go to the registry and see if there's anything in there that needs to be removed.

panamahat

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeff. Unfortunately, the registry has always been Greek to me. What should I be looking for?
Jane

I can't guarantee this will help but here's what I would do:

go into the registry with regedit
do a find and look for instances of your printer. I'd do "find" then type in the name of your printer. it's a longshot but could help. maybe something was installed to your registry that's blocking them from working.

panamahat

I did that but can't distinguish something that would be blocking the printer. Can you be more specific? Thanks, Jane

Jane, I'm not sure but I think (from having problems in the past) if neither of your printers are working (right) it might be a hardware topic. Something about SYSTEMS> DEVICE (manager) look for printer drivers, or something?

In my case I have the printer working now, but the All in One center (with the options to fax and scan) icon isn't there. I can't find anything in the software (file) that looks like an All in One Center (file). Not that I'm know one if I saw it.

It says it can't find the lxbaaiox.exe file (that's how it's spelled).

I noticed at one point when I found a file like that and downloaded it and tried to open it, the "open with" dialog box was written in french. But nothing else is.

I wonder if lxbaaliox.exe is a file written in french? My printer software had a choice of languages and mine is clearly set in English. Just something else to complicate it.

If I looked in the registry, I wouldn't know what to look for that shouldn't be there.

My printer is on the USB port, maybe yours isn't and is on the printer port (my old one was) and this involved drivers and device manager, etc. you can check in there and see if it says it's working. Mine says it's working in there too, but I think Windows auto installs a printer driver on the printer port, even if Lexmark installs this one on the USB (I see it there, too)

Hey, at least this is in English so that must be a plus (LOL) I don't try and answer many questions here because I only know a little about a lot (based on problems I've had) and usually someone else knows a LOT about it and other answers.

~ Carrie

panamahat

Every little bit of info helps. Unfortunately, in my hands it can be a dangerous thing. I made the stupid mistake of trying to clear up more than one problem at a time (explorer.exe eating up all resources) so now I've gotten the two problems mixed together. I think I'm going to try the cabs solution and see what happens. Thanks for posting it. I'll let you know what happens. Jane

I posted this in the other thread with more details, but end result was I tried putting it in again (maybe the 8th time- using the original CD that came with it or the newer one I once downloaded) this time I (again) used the one I downloaded, and for some reason it worked. I saw the license agreement come up, which hadn't happened before, so realized something had "took".

Maybe it's just a matter of uninstalling and trying again till it works.

I does get frustrating, when you don't know what you're doing (in my case, I know a little but then find out just HOW little I know in a case like this).

I'm still getting a file error when I start up, about MSIMG32.DLL file is linked to missing export GD132.DLL GdGradientfill which sounds like it must be from an art program.

The update I downloaded for (free) Zone Alarm won't go in that message comes up, too.

But, now my printer, Fax, scanner works.

And tomorrow is another day.

~ Carrie

panamahat

Great! I just copied a long fix from another forum for my newest problem, which is that System Restore has failed 3 times. As soon as I get that sorted out am planning to try your solution for the printer problem.
What would life be without problems. . .?
Jane

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online