Solved: Brand New Samsung Laser Printer has faded print

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rodeognome

its a brand new printer CLP-510N

only prints with faded black ink - and its meant to be a color printer

any ideas?

rodeognome

hi rich...there are 4 cartridges in it - it does not print ANY colour...except a faded black.

are there any more things I should check before its returned?

I'm not being degrading but I have to ask if you checked the cartridges and pulled off any tape slides that are there to keep the ink sealed? Other than that it should plug and print.

Thats why they created refunds! Take it back, don't belabor why your brand new thing doesn't work right.

rodeognome

I will do that Rich! will contact them in the morning - thanks for all the advice

rodeognome

Ok - here is an update.

I rang the Samsung support line - they asked me the model number and immedialtely said what to do. I had to snap off (with force) two plastic clips on the "transfer" belt.

I could not believe it. These two clips has a very sturdy appearance ( and no way did I think they part of the disposable packaging you usually get with printers) and I had to use force to snap them off.

The tech told me loads of people were ringing them about this problem.

Anyways its prints perfectly now. Thanks for all the advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online