1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Breaking one album into individual songs/files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by alwrmc, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I have an old album that I copied from my original cassette tape. The tape was showing signs of wear. The software that I used at the time copied the entire album into one long file. Is there any software that will recopy this and break the album up into the individual songs on the album. The album is an old Golden Earring album. Am I going to have to use NERO 8 and copy the entire album one song at a time to a new folder?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am still using Nero 6 Pro and it either came with or had the option to download and add Nero Wave Editor to the Nero suite. I would hope that your newer version would have the same type of application.

Wave Editor allows you to cut and paste sections of audio files and you should be able selectively trim your one large file into smaller ones. I would advise keeping at least one backup copy of the original long file in a different folder than the one your are working on. That could prevent a disaster in case you do a "Save" instead of "Save As" when editing the large file.

The one downside of Wave Editor is that if you are using a lossy audio format like MP3, I believe it recodes the edited file adding more signal loss.

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

4. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    cwwozniak: Yes, Nero 8 has the editor. I took a look at the file, and made sure that I could do it using that applet. I remember years and years ago (probably 15 or perhaps even 20) I had a program that did exactly what I want to do with this file, so ......
    MysticEyes: I have just downloaded the application and I'll give it a try. Whichever method I eventually use, I'll come back, reply again and mark the thread solved.
    Thanks to you both by the way.

5. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I used Nero 8's editor. Took about an hour start to finish including naming and editing the individual songs. I did lose one song. That was due to the original cassette tape being slightly damaged. I tried to salvage it but the tape had been stretched just slightly when it jammed and there was just no way to repair it. I would like to find a replacement, but that album is not readily available except by order. Thanks.

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Glad to hear that Nero worked out for you.

Give us the information on your missing song and maybe someone here can tell you where you might be able to purchase a download of it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/743578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice