Solved: broadband router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

V-man

hey back agen yes i have bought a broadband router so the two computers in this room can both use internet however the 2nd one says its connected but its not reciveing any packets but this one is i have used the set up disc and looked through the manual and i still can not get why the other computer will not let browse the internet

The other computer is able to access the ineternet fine and all components have been power cycled after the change in devices right?

I.E. remove computer from modem, plug router into modem, plug PC into router, power on modem, wait 2 mins, power on router, wait 2 mins, power on PC.

Are both of these using wired connections or is any part wireless?

V-man

yes this computer is able to access thr internet fine and ive power cycled too all connections are wired

check your IPCONFIG /all on the working computer vrs the non working computer.

All items should be the same with the exception of the last octet of the IP address. if they are not then you may need to do some troubleshooting on the TCP/IP config.

Swap the two ethernet cables to see if one is bad. Power everything down first. Then power back up in the order Stumpy gave you earlier.

I am assuming since you have the IP correct then he should be hitting the router and then his PC's cable should be working...

Are you able to ping remote internet sites on both computers? Also are your 2 computers able to ping each other?

V-man

thnx for helping guys but a friend of myne managed to sort it for me thnx a lot any way for trying

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts