1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Broadband set-up for Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by El_Glyndo, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. El_Glyndo

El_Glyndo Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in so forgive me if it isn't!

Anyway, my girlfriend has got a Wii and it works fine on my wireless network. However, now she wants to be able to use the internet at her place, which doesn't have a computer let alone broadband.
    I'm not sure what requirements she needs to be able to have a broadband hook-up to her wii. What I mean is does she need to have a computer there to install the broadband software to, or can it be done directly to the wii?

I told her to read the instruction manual that came with it, but she's impatient so hopes (read expects) me to know the answer so any help is great!!! :D

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

She needs to have broadband internet access to connect the Wii to the internet.

3. El_Glyndo

El_Glyndo Thread Starter

I figured that; what I mean is can she get broadband access with just the wii, or does she need a PC to set the broadband up on and then connect with the wireless network?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

She'll need a computer to configure the router and get the internet connection setup. And if there are any issues with the connection, a computer is needed to do any network troubleshooting or re-configuring.

5. El_Glyndo

El_Glyndo Thread Starter

I thought a PC was needed for it. Guess she'll be creeping to me to get it; her birthday's coming up! Thanks for the help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice