Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Broken Toshiba Satellite Laptop Screen

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chanaadair 
#1 ·
Is there any way to replace a broken Toshiba Satellite Laptop LCD screen? My son accidentally broke it by closing the laptop on top of it's mouse is what I'm assuming. There is nothing otherwise wrong except for the screen and I can't stand having to hook a monitor up to it so I can work on it. Also is it hard to replace the screen or is this something that a computer repair shop needs to do? Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
Hi there,

Yes, it is very much possible to replace the screen. Usually they run between $150-250, depending on where you find it. And most screens are relatively easy to install as long as you have a small screwdriver and some patience. Someone can easily guide you through it if you have any trouble, but a computer store will charge you a MINIMUM of $60 for labor, if not more, plus handling fees for the screen itself. I'd recommend buying a new screen online and then coming back here and I can guide you through it.

Also, which model Toshiba do you have exactly? I am familiar with most, but just to make sure.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Oh thank you so much. I'm not really sure to tell you the truth after my son accidently broke the screen and I got digusted with having to hook up a monitor to it I put it in the closet I will have to pull it out and take a look. I know I bought it on ebay lol. I will definitely get the screen offline if possible and then come back to get it hooked up and replaced properly. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.