Solved: Brother MFC-3240C Printer "Unable to Clean "

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbm051475

I received a used Brother Printer MFC-3240C that has the error message "Unable to Clean" ! Everything else is Ok and I've cleaned out all paper fragments. It's seems like a good reboot and reinstall of the software should fix this problem but I'm at a loss as how to fix it ! H E L P ! ! !

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1012 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228128 MB, Free - 195524 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 2576 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007, , ..CN7360482R01VR.
Antivirus: PC-cillin Internet Security - Virus Protection, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Everything else is Ok
What else? Is it not printing correct?

Could it be plugged enough that it won't clean?

Have you tried taking the print head out and soaking it?

rbm051475

It still has error "Unable to Clean". Brother troubleshooting guide said to clean any jammed paper or other objects that may have gotten ionto the printer. I Did maintenance and found internal error 46. Help !

If,as you say, "everything else is OK" why do you need to clean it?
What is it NOT doing?

Does the manual show how to remove the cleaning tank?

calvin-c

Banned
I had an old printer (Epson or Canon but I can't remember which) that specifically said the tank should last for the life of the printer so it was not user-removable. I thought that was short-sighted of them but maybe they were looking for extra income. The process for removing the tank when full was to return the printer to the manufacturer. Never did it of course so I have no idea what they would have charged. More than the printer was worth by that time, certainly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online