1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Browser Streaming video does not work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vette8182, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette8182

vette8182 Thread Starter

A little bit ago some streaming video stopped working. Break.com and Youtube most videos work. No videos on yahoo video and some other sites work. They just show a blank black box and never loads or plays. When I go to yahoo video and try to play a video, I right click on the video and choose "Settings..." it brings up an adobe flash player menu that is frozen and I cannot choose anything on that menu. I just went to the Adobe website and installed the latest versions of Adobe Flash player, Shockwave player, Java player. I set my explorer security from medium high down to just medium. I deleted "Wmsdkns.xml" for media player to reset it. I also changed out my video cards (I have two different cards, a geforce and a radeon).None of these solutions worked. My laptop, work computer, and wifes computer all play these videos. This is just happening to my home desktop. Any other ideas on what is happening?:eek:This happens on both Windows Explorer and Firefox

2. vette8182

vette8182 Thread Starter

Fixed, I went to Adobe settings manager site and changed the local storage from 0kb to 100kb and now all streaming video works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/859238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice