1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: browsers hanging, downloads stopping, and streaming video stopping

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by whosselfish, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. whosselfish

whosselfish Thread Starter

Hi. I have been having a problem with my browsers hanging, also my downloads stop and streaming video stops as well. I have cleaned my system and found some malware in a google chrome add on. I ran advanced system care 5, my mcafee virus scan, and malwarebytes and believe I have my system is clean as a whistle. I am only running mozilla firefox right now, but I plan on downloading I.E. again so i can continue to get my windows updates. I just can't seem to figure out what is making all of my browsers hang, not download and stop on streaming video.. . I am running windows vista 32 bit. I have a linksys router and am running on roadrunner dsl. I have already figured out that it isn't either the router or modem thats the problem. I can run other computers just fine. I am hooked up with a ethernet wire, but my laptop and ps3 have no issues with wireless.. Also when i connect this computer straight to the modem there is still a problem, which causes me to think that its my pc. Any help and or suggestions would be great. Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    (From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

3. whosselfish

I gave this a shot and still having the same problem. I have uninstalled flash player and installed again because most of the issues I was having was with game sites such as pogo and facebook... Could blocking certain ad cookies stop me from being able to load pages. I do notice that I have no problem loading this page.

4. whosselfish

Any site with video or pics are hanging

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Could you be blocking Flash content?

6. whosselfish

No I'm not blocking flash content because it will work with some games i play. Since I have reset winsock it seems as though some videos wont even start streaming now.. and i get black screen on pages with video on them. the page loads all text but hangs and doesn't load the vids. When some sites are hanging I notice its stuck on some kind of static load...I just am at a loss...

7. whosselfish

I just had this site hang on waiting for ad.doubleclick.net. Also when I'm downloading I can pause and resume when it hangs and slowly keep downloading by pausing when it hangs and get a little more when resuming. And on streaming video i can bump ahead a second or 2 and it will load a little more then stop again. Its like my connection just times out or something. Like i said though hooking up another pc to my router works just fine.

8. Phantom010

You wouldn't happen to have SpywareBlaster installed on that computer?

9. whosselfish

No I dont have spyware blaster installed. I have advanced system care 5 installed as well as hitman pro, but both of these were installed after the problem began since mcafee wasn't catching my issues.

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  11. whosselfish

Still having the same issue. i tried reinstalling macafee. I feel like the malware and virus I found might have ruined something in my registry. I am to the point where i think I'm going to save all of my software and reinstall my operating system. I just have no clue what could be causing this other than my internet keeps timing out... If i click on a page to load and it hangs, I can reclick and it will fully load. Just like downloads, like it starts loading , won't finish but has enough loaded that it can finish on the reclick....I see plenty of other people having this issue online , but no real answers.

12. Phantom010

1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.
    2- Run the program.
    3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.
    4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
    5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply.
    6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

For Windows 7 and Vista:

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, run HijackThis as Administrator or disable the UAC first.

13. whosselfish

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 11:55:18 PM, on 12/3/2011
    Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
    C:\Windows\sttray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\aol\1252740837\ee\aolsoftware.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
    C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
    C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\Users\Ed\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://search.bearshare.com/sidebar.html?src=ssb
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\ScriptSn.20111203153934.dll
    O2 - BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - {B164E929-A1B6-4A06-B104-2CD0E90A88FF} - c:\progra~1\mcafee\sitead~1\mcieplg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Download Manager Search Toolbar - {A9344DE7-59F2-40F8-9AE7-C203B67444DA} - C:\Program Files\Install Provider\InstallProvider.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\4.0.0379.0\npwinext.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Support.com Toolbar - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\progra~1\mcafee\sitead~1\mcieplg.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] sttray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Default Manager] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1252740837\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IObit Malware Fighter] "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMF.exe" /autostart
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcui_exe] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Advanced SystemCare 5] "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCTray.exe" /AutoStart
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - (no file)
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.mcafee.com
    O18 - Protocol: dssrequest - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\progra~1\mcafee\sitead~1\mcieplg.dll
    O18 - Protocol: sacore - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\progra~1\mcafee\sitead~1\mcieplg.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-mfe-ipt - {3EF5086B-5478-4598-A054-786C45D75692} - c:\progra~1\mcafee\msc\mcsniepl.dll
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
    O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0151671322944789) (0151671322944789mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\Users\Ed\AppData\Local\Temp\015167~1.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Advanced SystemCare Service 5 (AdvancedSystemCareService5) - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCService.exe
    O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: IMF Service (IMFservice) - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMFsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: lxdd_device - - C:\Windows\system32\lxddcoms.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (McMPFSvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee VirusScan Announcer (McNaiAnn) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\mcods.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\\mcshield.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Firewall Core Service (mfefire) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\\mfefire.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service (mfevtp) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\mfevtps.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Anti-Spam Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mcafee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
    O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
    O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
    O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
    O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
    End of file - 7594 bytes

14. whosselfish

I do notice that every now and again that my service pops to local only,,then jumps back to local and internet...I rarely see this , but it does happen,,,just happened a few minutes ago

15. Phantom010

Unfortunately, nothing in your log is giving me clues on what might be the problem.

How is the Internet while your computer is in Safe Mode with Networking?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice