1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BSOD afd.sys

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Afrika, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Afrika

Afrika Thread Starter

I dont know whats wrong, the computer was working fine just not long ago
    Here is my minidump

Attached Files:

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Dump analysis was inconclusive.

Open a command prompt, right click on the command prompt icon and select run as administrator, then type this command to repair lsp/winsock

netsh winsock reset

Press enter

Reboot/restart your computer.

I would also update your network drivers, these use adf.sys.

If you have a 3rd party firewall installed, I would uninstall it, see if things improve

It could also be malware causing this.

3. helpful

helpful

The crash appears to be caused by PnkBstrA.exe driver (related to PunkBuster) which is an anti-cheat system. The driver attempted to read the address 83186868 which is allocated to module ntkrpamp.exe.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

This driver is required in order to play some online games...

You can try updating/repairing the PunkBuster driver software by following the install instructions found here.

4. Afrika

Afrika Thread Starter

lol punkbuster. I was scared for a second. Yeh I play cod4 with punkbuster, I will check into it. So far it hasnt crashed since I started the topic

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

The afd.sys (usually networking related) error is not the same as the minidump you posted.

But I would watch out for a conflict between Daemon Tools and any anti-cheat or DRM protective drivers running, such as >> sfdrv01a.sys
    sfdrv01a.sys is a FrontLine Environment Driver.
    Manufacturer: Protection Technology
    www.star-force.com

I believe this is a Punkbuster driver.

6. Afrika

Afrika Thread Starter

well i reinstalled Punkbuster, I dont use Daemon Tools no more anyways, I use Alcohol only now. But I think Im good for now. I will give it a week, if the problem still consists I will get back at yalls. Thanks for the quick help btw
    I rate this forum 10/10, you guys all ways hit the nail on the right spot

7. helpful

helpful

SPTD driver was loaded at time of the crash. This driver is used by disc emulation software.

You can also download and update the latest SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct) driver found here that is used by Alcohol 120% and daemon tools.

8. helpful

helpful

You can download and install the related "Star Force" driver which is a disc drm validation protection (to prevent piracy).

To install:

Source: http://www.star-force.com/support/drivers/

9. Afrika

Afrika Thread Starter

Its been a while now, Im getting back at yall just to say its all good. Thanks, it was probably some temporary thing or sumthin. Nuthin bad.
    Is it alright to say its been solved?

10. helpful

helpful

That is great news, what drivers did you update to fix the problem?

11. Afrika

Afrika Thread Starter

I updated PB, I doubt it was to do with it. It stopped stuffing up like the day after I posted. Im glad I came here just incase

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice