1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bsod errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jo15765, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

I am unable to Boot my PC...I am unable to boot into safe mode either. I even took the install disk and clicked repair, and a restore point fails, and I get a message that says Windows was unable to repair the issue. I tried booting into DOS and repairing the MBR and still same issue. MY BSOD Reads:
    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or terminated.
    The basic BSOD errors
    Technical Info:
    Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x000000000000003,0xFFFFFA8004C4900,0xFFFFFA80042C4BE0,0xFFFFF80021D5300)

Collecting data for crash dump...
    Initializing disk for crash dump...
    Beginning dump of physical memory...
    Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
    Physical memory dump complete.

Any idea's what these error messages mean?

edit:
    Here are the failed recovery notes:
    Problem Event Nme: StartupRepairOffline
    Problem Signature 1: 6.1.7600.16385
    Problem Signature 2: 6.1.7600.13685
    Problem Signature 3: unknown
    Problem Signature 4: 72
    Problem Signature 5: AutoFailover
    Problem Signature 6: 11
    Problem Signature 7: 0xF4
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, do you have anything important on the drive ie docs, pics, mp3s, etc?

Next it would really help if you posted the specs for the system you are working on. We have no idea what you are working on.

As a simple test to see if you have a hardware failure or a windows problem, why not boot the system with a linux live CD? This will tell you in just a few seconds where the problem resides [hardware or software]

3. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

I would like to keep all data in tact if at all possible, however if it is not...then let it be lost!

I'll get the system specs when I get home and post those, as I do not have them with me here at work.

Booting with a linux cd? I am not sure as to how to work this one...could I use an UBUNTU Jaunty Jackelope CD that I used to install that OS on another PC? And also what steps am I taking? Am I going through the steps of installing UBUNTU on the PC?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No, you are not installing. A live CD runs from ram memory. If you want to save the data, then pull the drive out and connected it to a working system. You can connect the drive as an internal drive OR you can install it into a usb enclosure. Either way this will give you access to whatever data files you want.

Booting with the linux live cd is just to see where your problem lies ie hardware or software. If the linux live cd will not boot, then you have a hardware issue ie mb, ram, pw supply, etc.

5. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

Ah so I need to download a live cd then, not an install cd? I will also try to take the hard drive out of this machine and place it into another laptop that I have and see if the hard drive will boot in the other machine.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Unless the laptops are the exact same, it will not boot. Windows does not like changing hardware ie mb, cpu, etc without a reinstall.

Some install CDs are also live type CDs. Boot with it and see OR just download one.

7. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

Oh, I didn't know you couldn't just swap a hard drive from one PC to another. I have a hard disc enclosure I will use and connect via USB to a working PC. Thanks for that information! I'll give you system specs in a few hours :)

8. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

System specs:

Dell Inspiron 1545
    250 GB HD
    4 GB RAM DDR2
    Dual Core Processor
    Intel Pentium T4200 @ 2.0 GHZ
    Data Bus Speed 800.0 MHz
    Chipset Type Mobile Intel GM45 Express
    Graphics Processor / Vendor Intel GMA 4500MHD Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0

Let me know if any further info is needed...Thanks :)

Can you provide a link to a linux live cd also that I can download

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

10. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

Which option do I need to choose when running this program? I THINK the default settings (Runs from RAM) option, but want to make sure.

Anywho, tried it anyway...it will bot into Parted Magic no trouble...
    So since it will boot into Parted Magic is that a software issue then?

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

Run it from RAM if possible. If it won't boot, then you have too little RAM and need to choose a different mode.

Yes, it is a good sign if Parted boots since that generally means that all hardware is OK. But it doesn't use the hard drive, so that still needs to be tested.

Can you recover your files in Parted and transfer them elsewhere?

12. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

I am messing with the settings of parted to determine how to transfer files. I think I have it figured out, so yes it looks like I am going to be able to get the files off and onto external media. In Parted there is a icon on my desktop called Disk Health and when I open that...it shows the Overall Health Self-Assesment Test and shows that it passed this. Does that mean the Hard drive is okay?

13. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is one hard drive test however I would test the drive with the drive maker's diagnostic. You download this from whomever made the drive ie WD, Seagate, etc. Most have a windows version and a dos or boot version. You will need the boot version.

If parted magic booted ok, them most likely your hardware is fine and you have a windows problem. Once you copy whatever data files you need, I would secure erase your hard drive and clean install windows.

Remember a secure erase will destroy ALL data on the drive so make sure there is nothing further you need to copy. The drive maker's diagnostic should also have an option to erase or zero fill the drive. Use whichever one you want and wipe the drive. As long as it passes all tests, then do the install of windows.

Before doing the clean install of windows, it is a good idea to download the drivers you are going to need. At the very least you should download the lan, chipset/mb, and the video driver. Put these on a flash drive, external drive, CDR, etc. It will make your install go much easier.

14. jo15765

jo15765 Thread Starter

Is there a cd burning app that came with Part Magic or am I going to need to copy to a flash drive, external hd?

Also, I do not have a Win 7 install cd as one did not come with my PC (the cd that I was using to attempt to repair the install is for a HP computer, and of course mine is a Dell), all that I have is the recovery console that can be run, and or the built in restore. I do not believe any other backups were made of the drive. :eek:

Would running the "Return to Factory Settings" fix this issue or do you think it would still be an underlying issue if a clean install is not made?

15. Mark1956

Mark1956

This is an excvellent CD/DVD burner for all file types. ImgBurn
    Yes, that is the only way to do it without Recovery discs to hand.

But first I would run the manufacturer's diagnostics on the hard drive before you attempt the Recovery process. Follow this guide: (Use the extended test where available)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice