1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BSOD for Sims complete Collection

Discussion in 'Games' started by bthomas70809, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bthomas70809

bthomas70809 Thread Starter

Help me please. I got the Sims complete collection from a friend for Christmas. My problem is I have installed the game and every time I start it I get as far as choosing screen resolution/size I want to run the game in after that a Blue Screen of Death pops up. My problem is my friend only gave me the disk no booklet inside on a piece of paper was the key code. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    is the disc the original one?

Also what is the computer specs?

3. bthomas70809

I am not sure how to send my computer specs onto the computer I know their is a way to take a picture of the screen but don't know how.

4. bthomas70809

I solved the problem by using the sims eraser in the program files by right clicking on my E drive and opening it up I found a program their called eraser I used it and reinstalled my game it works now. Thank-you for the help you gave me by asking for my specs. I knew the computer would support the game because I play Sims 2 up to expansion Kitchen and baths but can't play Mansions and gardens but I don't care about that. Thanks again you can close this thread. I am marking it as solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!