1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BSOD - nwifi.sys

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MikeJ5, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MikeJ5

MikeJ5 Thread Starter

I've encountered a huge problem and it's incredibly frustrating, every time I go to download a file from the internet, I'll get the blue screen which has ''nwifi.sys'' after research from around the web the common re-occurrence was to update my drivers which I did to no avail. My wireless adapter is ''Belkin Wireless G usb Network Adapter'' - Model number: F5D7050.

I got on to Belkin's live support and I was told to uninistall the drivers and then see if it was still on the device list, it was not. I then re-installed the drivers and I'm back to the same place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm not sure as to if I put this in the right section, if it's in the wrong section I'm sorry.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you have the same problem with an ethernet connection?

Make sure you have the latest driver from Belkin's web site.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Try with encryption disabled on the router. If that works try WPA-PSK encryption.

4. MikeJ5

MikeJ5 Thread Starter

Could this be to do with my wireless headset? - I've started noticing this error since I got my Logitech Wireless headset, could the signals be interfering?

As for the encryption I can't find a section on my routers page that allows me to disable the encryption.
    My router was given to me by Sky and I believe it's a d-link.

Edit: I feel I crash A LOT less when I don't have the adapter for my headset plugged into the usb port, coincidence ?

Edit: Ok, sorry.. I've found it now; Which options should I select?

[​IMG]

-Would it also help if I told you I've been receiving various other blue screen errors? - I write them down every time I get a new one.

''ecache.sys'' - ''nwifi.sys'' - ''athrxusb.sys'' - ''tcpip.sys'' - ''netio.sys'' - ''win32k.sys'' - ''PCIIDEX.sys'' - ''PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA" - "BAD_POOL_HEADER" - "Cache_manager" - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

I did a fresh install of windows last night because I thought this might get rid of these errors, I was mistaken.. On my old installation of windows my Belkin drivers were not updated and I was recieving the nwifi.sys blue screen, my ping was ranging from 15-60 max, now I've updated the drivers I feel that my internet speed has declined (unfortunately) and I'm still getting the nwifi.sys, I like to play a lot of online games and my ping can be sitting on a nice 20 on a european server and then it can just shoot up to around 125-800.

Maybe that information can be of assistance to you in resolving this issue, cheers!

Edit: If you're wandering I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, 64 bit.

My internet sometimes likes to just disconnect me, then I have to do a reboot to connect to it.

Edit: Since unplugging the usb reciever for my wireless headset I haven't crashed in over 2 hours and I've downloaded iTunes and a few other things.

5. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Wireless headsets operate in the 2.4 GHz range, so yes, it could be interferring with your WiFi.

6. MikeJ5

MikeJ5 Thread Starter

That must be what it is, Whenever I'm using the wireless headset I'm seeing the nwifi.sys error frequently, but I have not seen it when the adapter is not in, is it possible for me to have both operating at once as I use the headset frequently.

7. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Not sure what exact frequency the headset uses. Might try different channel for your wifi.

8. MikeJ5

MikeJ5 Thread Starter

The headset is a Logitech H600, how can I try a different Wifi channel?

9. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

To change the WLAN channel, you need to access the router.
    Did Sky give you any information on the D-Link?

10. MikeJ5

MikeJ5 Thread Starter

What sort of things should I be looking to press?
    I can access the router.

Edit: I think I've managed to fix it for the time being, I haven't seen a crash for a while but I don't want to speak too soon, what I did was change my channel to 'Channel 1' This channel was very slow so I tried 'Channel 2' channel 2 has worked since, I'll put this as solved for the time being but if the problem is back I'll re-open this, thanks to everyone that helped.

11. MikeJ5

MikeJ5 Thread Starter

The problem seems to have surfaced again after going a few days without crashing, it happened when I was watching a youtube video.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice